The purpose of this website is to serve as the official site of the entire Saint Edward Parish Community, School and Ministries. It is also to be used as a communication tool to better engage individuals within the Parish Community.
This website is built on the WordPress content management system and utilizes modern browsers supporting current web standards. It is designed to work with older browsers, but some cosmetic features may not display properly. If this interferes with your enjoyment of the site, we urge you to upgrade. For more information on upgrading to a modern browser check out http://browsehappy.com.
This site wouldn’t be possible if not for the work of our web partners. The site was designed and originally developed by Oohology and Makespace. Their teams of talented designers and developers did an amazing job and showed patience and a willingness to accommodate Saint Edward throughout the process designing and building the site. We highly recommend them!
Redesign Project History
In the Fall of 2011 a Communication Committee was formed and charged with leading the redesign efforts of the Saint Edward Parish Community website. At that time a list of “wants” and “needs” was created to guide the project forward. They were as follows:
- Secure, functioning and available website
- Attractive yet easily changeable
- Integration of parish, school, ministries/clubs and committees
- Online polls/survey, social media integration and more user interactivity
Preferred Website Functionality
- A portal style website with easy editing capabilities.
- Editors shouldn’t need web development knowledge so that any service area can be editor of their own unit with a backup person.
- Secure sign in for the web editors on the footer of the website.
- Easy group calendar (repeating events, combined and also single interface, with ability to get reminders, printable).
- Pages and calendars that allow printer friendly versions with a click.
- Online Bulletin with option for sign up to receive by email (can link to the St. Edward listing in the Catholic Directory).
- Changing photos that reflect recent events.
- To be mobile device friendly and responsive to multiple platforms.
- Teacher pages that are uniform and consistent.
- RSS feeds to syndicate website content and news items.
- Training of the Editors and backup editors.
- Have several contributing website photographers and the ability to easily add photos to the website.
One Website for the Entire Parish Community
Every Ministry/Club/Committee with various websites (Youth, SEAM, etc.) should be integrated into the community website. Also give other ministries an opportunity to have a section of the website.
- Ability to add Audio & Video
- Podcast St. Edward seminars
- Flock Notes for realtime connecting and alerts/tweets
- Online Tithing
- Online Prayer Requests
- Audio Homilies
- Web Apps
- Site Search